6 month fixed-term contract
This key role in our busy estate management team is suitable for an enthusiastic, analytical and personable individual looking to continue build their career in estate management. Previous experience as a Property Manager in the Residential leasehold environment is desirable but more important is a positive attitude, organised approach and people skills.
Who are we looking for?
In addition to that, we’d like to work with someone who is passionate about customer service, possesses a naturally positive attitude and is able to manage their time and work hard to get the job done. You must be able to manage key client relationships, understand and explain complex financial information and take ownership of your portfolio of estates.
The role is a pivotal role within our company. You will be responsible for co-coordinating all of the resources (internal & external) to effectively manage a portfolio of residential estates and deliver outstanding service to our customers. The role has 3 key parts: controlling the financial aspects of an estate (preparing budgets, monitoring expenditure), implementing the planned & reactive maintenance programme and communicating with key stakeholders (chairing meetings and writing letters/reports).
Critical Success Requirements
These are the key competencies a successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Financial & management competency– The ability to understand, analyse and interpret financial information (eg. budgets) using the Xero accounts system to ensure we are managing our clients’ service charge effectively and prudently against an estate’s current requirements (including legislative obligations) and future needs. Drafting budgets, monitoring expenditure and reporting to the Managing Director are key parts of an Estate Manager’s role.
- Successful implementation: thorough & accountable– A desire and willingness to systematically and diligently do what needs to be done to ensure key milestones are achieved on time & on budget. To manage valuable assets effectively, everything must be in order and our obligations must be fulfilled. It is not just about ticking a list, you need to actively understand and control what needs to be done. Being accountable is about taking personal responsibility to deliver on your promises, reacting quickly when the situation demands and resolving issues to completion.
- Customer service mentality & strong communication skills– We exist because of our customers. An Estate Manager is the custodian of our customer relationships. Our challenge is to earn our customers’ trust and confidence through our actions. A key part of this is the timely and accurate provision of information. Our correspondence needs to be first rate and you need to be able to chair large meetings, and if the occasion arises, resolve a dispute diplomatically.
- Business maturity– The ability to think and act professionally. You must be able to gather information, interpret it and solve complex problems or make logical decisions which have the greatest positive impact. Once a decision has been made, you will have the ability to develop the plan to enact it and implement accordingly.
Skills & Experience Required
The successful candidate will present with the following:
- A good standard of education is essential.
- Assoc IRPM or higher would be desirable
- Other property qualifications (eg. RICS) are desirable.
- 1 year+ relevant management experience. While a background in estate management is desirable, your experience could be in surveying or property management.
- Experience of budget management, financial control and delivering cost-efficiency
- Knowledge of relevant legislation (eg. Landlord & Tenant Act, RICS Code etc)
- Detailed working knowledge of building management, systems maintenance and repair projects
- Customer relationship management
- Experience of using the “Xero” accounts system and “Dwellant” property management system would be useful
Role – Property Manager
Type –6 month fixed term to cover long term sick leave
Location: Henley on Thames
Salary – £21,000 – £32,000 dependent on qualifications and experience
Office Hours – 9.00 am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday although we do offer reduced hours/flexible working to fit around family life although it is important to note that this role requires some additional hours to attend meetings as required
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Dependent on experience and qualifications
- property management: ideally 1 year or more.
For further details, please contact Alan Draper, Managing Director initially by email [email protected]
(Strictly NO agencies.)
UK wide Franchise Opportunities
Common Ground is looking for experienced property managers who would like to operate Common Ground franchises throughout the UK.